The Library provides two rooms for use by the public: a large Meeting Room (capacity 78 people) on the first floor and a smaller Conference Room (capacity 15 seated) on the second floor. These rooms are available without charge (except for a $5 administrative fee) to nonprofit groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, civic or charitable activities under guidelines available from the library. Call Business Manager Suzie Smith at (217) 477-5223 ext. 117 to reserve a room or review the guidelines.
For-profit organizations wishing to use the meeting rooms must pay a fee of $50 per hour or any part of an hour. This fee shall be paid in advance. If any group’s meeting extends beyond the Library’s scheduled hours, a custodial fee of $15 per hour or any part of an hour will be assessed.
The first floor Meeting Room is outfitted with multimedia equipment. There is also basic audiovisual equipment available (TV, VCR/DVD player, slide projector, overhead projector).
The Multimedia Equipment is available in the First Floor Meeting Room only. Although there is no rental fee for the equipment, users must still book it beforehand by calling the Business Office, and must arrive at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts so that staff may train them on the equipment.
- High-definition BenQ video projector (ceiling-mounted, displays image up to 12’ diagonal)
- 7.1-Channel Surround Sound system
- Computer w/ Internet Access (Windows 8 featuring PowerPoint, MS Word, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Excel, Adobe Acrobat)
- Cables for connecting laptop computer (laptop not supplied)
- Webcam for Skype
- Document Camera (opaque projector routed through video projector)
- Blu-ray Player
- DVD/CD Player
- Wireless lavaliere and wireless handheld microphones
- Lectern (houses all equipment except for video projector)
- Users of the equipment are required to arrive at the library at least 15 minutes before their meeting starts so that staff may train them on the equipment. Failure to arrive at least 15 minutes beforehand means training may cut into the group’s meeting time. At least one designated library staff member will be on call for technical assistance during the duration of the meeting.
- Users of the equipment agree to pay any repair or replacement costs of equipment or software damaged by them.
- Users wishing to bring in flash drives (to upload PowerPoint presentations, etc.) must arrive at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts so that staff may scan the media for viruses. CD-ROMs brought in by users do not need to be scanned.
- Users are expected to abide by U.S. Copyright rules and regulations when using the equipment. The Library disclaims any liability or responsibility for copyright infringements caused by video, DVD, CD, or other media presentations. See the Copyright Law of the United States.
To reserve this equipment, please call Business Manager Suzie Smith at (217) 477-5223 ext. 117.