- Danville Public Library is a FamilySearch affiliate library of the FamilySearch’s Research and Library System. This designation means library patrons have convenient access to billions of birth, marriage, death, census, land, and court records from over 130 countries. These microfilmed records are ordered for loan directly from the FamilySearch archives in Salt Lake City, UT. FamilySearch does charge a fee to order microfilm. Contact us at 217-477-5228 for current prices.
- To request microfilm, create an account at familysearch.org and sign in.
- Search the FamilySearch library catalog for available film and add items to your cart.
- Pay for the requested items using a credit card, debit card or PayPal account. (The first time you order, you’ll be prompted to select your default family history center — select Danville Public Library.)
- You will be contacted when the film has arrived at DPL.
- Once the film arrives, you can use the microfilm readers (which can print) at DPL for viewing.
- The Archives staff can help you see what films are available. Contact us at 217-477-5228 if you have any questions.